IMPETUS INDOMITUS is a problem-solving research team within its research topics based on theoretical and technological development with fundamental and applied investigations.
Serve our community and mankind solving problems within our research topics with revolutionary approaches (when need it) in the energy conversion, propulsion and transportation areas.
Become a research school with theoretical and technological development in the energy conversion, propulsion and transportation areas to serve our community and mankind.
- We exist to serve.
- We research and solve problems to serve our community.
- We work as a team showing respect and being humble.
- THERMOFLUID MECHANICS, ELECTROMAGNETICS AND OPTICS.
- PROPULSION AND ENERGY CONVERSION SYSTEMS.
- HIDRONAUTICS, AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS.
- Serve mankind solving problems based on our principles, through fundamental and applied research in each one of the research topics of our team IMPETUS INDOMITUS.
- Encourage teamwork in our members with respect following the research team principles.
WHO ARE WE (IMPETUS INDOMITUS)?
We are a bunch of beings who want to solve problems challenging ourselves and our philosophic and academic environment guided by our goals and principles.
“We are the status quo doom patrol and the pusillanimity perturbers”
Currently, we have 3 hands-on teams:
- Team ATLAS
- Team AIRE
- Team PHOENIX ALTITUDO
SOME CURRENT PROJECTS (UP TO 01/06/2021)
- Development of a new passive control system for urban wind turbines (FINISHED Dec 2020)
- Hydrodynamic temporal stability analysis using spectral methods (FINISHED May 2021)
- Development of an aeronautic recovery system – (TEAM ATLAS)
- Development of the AIRE project RC model – (TEAM AIRE)
- Linear control strategies of the AIRE project RC model – (TEAM AIRE)
- Lifting surfaces structural evaluation of the AIRE Project– (TEAM AIRE)
- Design of an enclosed propeller.
- Orbit selection for FACSAT 2. (FINISHED May 2021)
- Aerodynamic evaluation of a staggered winglet
- Aerodynamic analysis of a Prandtl wing.
- Development of propulsion test bench (TEAM PHOENIX – ALTITUDO)
- Design of an axial fan for a modular wind tunnel
- Development of a modular wind tunnel (50 m/s @ the test section)
- Design of a sediment removal machine for a hydraulic channel.
- Scaling procedure for the Erazo – Jaramillo turbine.
- Design of a platform to evaluate new free-flow hydraulic machines
- Development of a Prandt wing for cargo and high maneuverability capabilities
- Development of a system for underwater surface mapping
- Development of an autonomous model of the Project AIRE – (TEAM AIRE)
- Development of an electromagnetic cannon – proof of concept
SOME FUTURE WORK
- Development of a new UAV cluster
- Hydraulic rocketry development
- Hybrid motor rocketry development
- Development of new electric generators to couple our hydraulic machines
- PIV and LDV development for a water tunnel
- UAV with fuel cells
- Development of new underwater vehicles
- User interactive interface to remotely operate new vehicles.